Wednesday, April 7, 2010

AFB's First Tasting Event


I've been working hard over the past few weeks, organising my first Auckland Food Blog event, a wine tasting evening next week at SIDART restaurant. I dined there recently, and was so taken with the passion and knowledge of sommelier Marie Colosimo that I wanted to introduce her to a few of the people that read this blog.
So, with the support of some industry friends, including the excellent Seresin Estate, Monday night we'll be doing an 'Old World vs New World' tasting, accompanied by canapes from chef Sid Sahrawat. Yum.

If you didn't get an invite to this event, I apologise – I got a such a big RSVP response from my initial list of friends, family and people-who-have-something-over-me, that I quickly became oversubscribed. But if the evening goes well, hopefully I can invite you along next time. If it doesn't go well, you'll never hear about it again.